Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Matt & Kim, Soulja Boy + Andrew W.K. [Converse "3 Artists, One Song"]

Another Converse collaboration I've been obsessed with in the car is the "I'm a Goner" song by Matt & Kim, Soulja Boy, and Andrew W.K.

The song is dominated by Matt & Kim and Soulja Boy, while Andrew W.K. chimes in on background and one verse. One even wonders why Andrew W.K. is even on the track because he doesn't really contribute a whole bunch to it.  The lyrics aren't that great and repeat themselves incessantly: "I'm a goner, all my life I've known I'm a goner, believe me I'm a goner" [repeat 15x] but the melody is insanely catchy.

The video shows all of our subjects waking up in a morgue, having died from what can be interpreted as on-stage accidents.  Soon the rest of the morgue wakes up and a party breaks out, with dancing and tasty formaldehyde sampling. Overall the video is actually better than the song but again, the song is so catchy it doesn't really matter.

Here's the video:



You can download the track for free here

No comments:

Post a Comment