Sunday, May 20, 2012

Hey everyone, I apologize for my absence. With finals and becoming addicted to Breaking Bad + listening and finding great new music for you guys, I didn't get a chance to update the blog.

Today's update comes from Miniature Tigers,  an indie pop band based in Brooklyn, NY that combines elements of indie rock, synthpop, and dream pop.

To me they sound like a mixture of Of Montreal's vocals laid over The Silver Seas' 70s song-writer/pop influence, filtered through the 80s via The Mystery Jets. This album has some really great tunes and should be great for a summer listen.

Here's the first song which introduced me to them which wraps all the influences into a nice tidy sandwich, with some tasty Jeff Lynne-esque guitar thrown in on the top. In fact, I'm quite certain they ripped off "What's the Drawback" by the Silver Seas which was a love letter to Jeff Lynne and ELO:




Here's one more song which I think encapsulates the album, going even more 'Of Montreal' on the vocals while adding what sounds like a Japanese influence:







You can buy their album 'Mia Pharaoh' online everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment