Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Introduction + Cadillac

Hello, fellow indie music fans. I started this on the advice of a good friend because of my passion for music. If you like my writing and my music recommendations, please let me know in the comments!

This blog will mainly follow "indie" music of all sorts - electronic, chill-wave, folk, mash-up, rock,  electro-pop, synth-pop, power-pop, indie-dance....any sort of music I'm feeling like sharing. (pretty much anything Post-2000.

Why "Eclectric Sounds"?

1. I have an "eclectic" taste in music
2. Electricity is used to make and listen to albums
3. I like music with electronic elements (not exclusively though)

Each day or week I'll be updating this blog, letting you know what I'm currently listening to and what I think of it. I'll be putting out recommendations and hopefully promoting all the amazing bands that come across my path. I'll be reviewing any concerts I attend, commenting on various news articles I find, and basically giving you guys my thoughts. Please feel free to respond in the comments to my thoughts.

To start off with, I've been on a bit of an 80s retro synth-pop kick recently. I love current old-school music that evokes the image of driving along the beach as the sun sets in Vice City or the cool chilled out sounds that form the backdrop of the city at night. 

Cadillac is one such band from Australia (there's tons of good music coming from down-under right now). Their music is lush, easy going, and just plain beautiful. They sound very similar to Miami Horror (no surprise, as they've remixed some of their tracks) and Cut Copy, with some funky moments a la Chromeo. One might even hear some Lionel Richie peeking through on "Make You Feel" if they listen hard enough.





You can buy the album here:

iTunes
7digital
Juno
Beatport



No comments:

Post a Comment